Traveling is one of the most exciting experiences people can have. Whether traveling within your own country or visiting historic sites around the world it is important to make your travel time as easy as possible. Having a list of the top 10 frequent flyer travel tips is a priceless resource. The following list was gathered from power travelers such as frequent flyers and crew members who were generous enough to share their knowledge.
1. Schedule early morning flights. I know this doesn’t sound like a good way to start your day, but it is a great way to start your trip. The earlier the better as these flights are less likely to be delayed and the built up congestion from city to city is greater the later in the day you travel.
2. Carry on your bag if at all possible. People who travel a lot feel like they waste way too much time waiting in baggage claim for their bags. Carrying it on guarantees it won’t be lost or damaged and you get to bypass baggage claim.
3. Sail through airport security. Special hints to help get you through security faster are to carry a TSA approved laptop bag, choose a line with experienced travelers without children or crew members, know your liquid rules and have them in an outer pouch easy to remove.
4. Make sure you have the right amount of insurance. Travel insurance, life insurance and an adequate health policy that will cover you beyond your borders are important factors to make sure you have up to date.
5. Travel with adequate extra essentials such as prescription medications. Make sure you have back ups for medications or spare glasses. You never know when you might be delayed.
6. Prepare your communication links. Select an appropriate Internet for your laptop and an international plan for your cell phone. Tariffs and roaming charges can be avoided with the proper information.
7. Don’t let jetlag be a factor. Set your schedule to match your destination a day or two before you travel. Drink a lot of water to keep dehydration from being a contributing factor.
8. Keep your airport stress level low. Choose on-line check in, carry on your bag, know the security hints and get a priority pass membership for access to airport lounges worldwide.
9. Prepare your credit cards and cash for foreign travel.
10. Be a courteous traveler. If you must speak on your cell phone please don’t let the entire airport hear your conversation. Play your music so that you are the only one enjoying it. When you travel you are an ambassador of your country. Make sure you leave a good impression.
This list of tips could continue for an entire chapter. These top 10 frequent flyer travel tips will be sure to keep a smile on your face and make your traveling time a positive experience.